By Denise Baken,Ioannis Mantzikos
What chance does Al Qaeda pose to the USA because it maintains to adapt within the wake of the Arab Spring, and what are the group's evolving ideas for progress and survival the world over? This booklet offers answers.
• Analyzes the Al Qaeda trust that violence is needed to accomplish its objectives and the typical Al Qaeda notion that violence was once used successfully by way of the colonialists and the West, really the USA and France
• Identifies the precursors to Al Qaeda enterprises and the way al Qaeda grew to become what it's today
• Examines Al Qaeda's enterprise institutions and its ties to piracy and arranged crime, picking the possibilities those ties create; in addition to the organization's use of rising technology—especially the Internet—to achieve out to a more youthful, technology-savvy viewers for his or her message
Read Online or Download Al Qaeda: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa (Praeger Security International) PDF
Best terrorism books
This quantity analyzes the behavior of the Israel Defence Forces’ (IDF) counter-insurgency operations through the significant Palestinian uprisings (1987-1993 and 2000-2005) within the Territories of the West financial institution and Gaza Strip. It employs basic and secondary assets to supply a accomplished research on even if the IDF has been capable of adapt its traditional behavior of war to the realities of the Israeli-Palestinian low-intensity clash and attain any type of victory over the Palestinian insurgents.
Globalization and the straightforward flow of individuals, guns, and pollutants throughout borders has remodeled safety right into a transnational phenomenon. fighting transnational safeguard threats has confirmed to be a really tough problem for governments and associations around the globe. Transnational protection addresses those matters, that are on the vanguard of each international safety professional’s time table.
This e-book lays out the basis of a privateness doctrine appropriate to the cyber age. It limits the amount, sensitivity, and secondary research that may be conducted. In learning those issues, the ebook examines the privateness matters raised by way of the NSA, ebook of country secrets and techniques, and DNA usage.
The latest publication from the foreign BESTSELLING and AWARD successful geopolitical analyst, strategic chance advisor, writer, and lecturer F. William Engdahl. "… The misplaced Hegemon is a needs to learn. " -- Jay Taylor, Host, Turning tough instances into stable Times"William Engdahl is an excellent author processing para-genius point analytical talents" -- John B.
- ISIS. Lo Stato del terrore: Chi sono e cosa vogliono le milizie islamiche che minacciano il mondo (Italian Edition)
- A Safer World
- Hitting America's Soft Underbelly: The Potential Threat of Deliberate Biological Attacks Against the U.S. Agricultural and Food Industry
- Terrorism Revisited: Islamism, Political Violence and State-Sponsorship (Contemporary South Asian Studies)
- Subjects of Security: Domestic Effects of Foreign Policy in the War on Terror (New Security Challenges)
- The Handbook of the Criminology of Terrorism (Wiley Handbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice)
Extra info for Al Qaeda: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa (Praeger Security International)
Al Qaeda: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa (Praeger Security International) by Denise Baken,Ioannis Mantzikos