By Traci Ardren
Read Online or Download Ancient Maya Women (Gender and Archaeology) PDF
Best archaeology books
This cutting edge number of essays from a global diversity of members describes numerous technique of holding, holding and offering important cultural assets in the context of monetary improvement, competing claims of "ownership" of specific cultural assets, smooth makes use of of constructions and house, and different features of overdue twentieth-century existence.
The daddy of Peruvian archaeology, Julio Tello was once the main special local American pupil ever to target archaeology. A Quechua speaker born in a small highland village in 1880, Tello did the most unlikely: he obtained a scientific measure and confident the Peruvian govt to ship him to Harvard and eu universities to grasp archaeology and anthropology.
The center Helladic interval has acquired little cognizance, in part due to students' view of it as purely the prelude to the Mycenaean interval and in part a result of dearth of archaeological proof from the interval. during this ebook, Helène Whittaker demonstrates that center Helladic Greece is much extra attention-grabbing than its fabric tradition could at the beginning recommend.
Within the recovery of the Roman discussion board in overdue Antiquity, Gregor Kalas examines architectural conservation in the course of past due antiquity interval at Rome's most vital civic middle: the Roman discussion board. through the fourth and 5th centuries CE—when emperors shifted their flats to exchange capitals and Christian practices overtook conventional beliefs—elite voters certain recovery campaigns on the way to infuse those projects with political that means.
- Communities of Style: Portable Luxury Arts, Identity, and Collective Memory in the Iron Age Levant
- Collecting Cultures: Myth, Politics, and Collaboration in the 1948 Arnhem Land Expedition (Indigenous Archaeologies Series)
- The Archaeology of Iberia: The Dynamics of Change (Theoretical Archaeology Group)
- Spirits of Earth: The Effigy Mound Landscape of Madison and the Four Lakes (Wisconsin Land and Life)
- The Archaeology of Anxiety: The Materiality of Anxiousness, Worry, and Fear
- The Origins and Development of African Livestock: Archaeology, Genetics, Linguistics and Ethnography
Additional info for Ancient Maya Women (Gender and Archaeology)
Ancient Maya Women (Gender and Archaeology) by Traci Ardren